- Full time. Duration: 6 months, renewable once
- Brussels, Belgium
About the ABBL, ACA and ALFI
- The ABBL (Association des Banques et Banquiers Luxembourg) is the Luxembourg Bankers' Association, the representative organisation of an important European and international banking centre.
- ALFI is the Luxembourg Fund Industry Association, Europe's leading investment fund centre in terms of assets under management.
- ACA is the Association Luxembourgeoise des Compagnies d'Assurance, a major international insurance centre in Europe.
All three are not-for-profit associations. We represent the interests of our members at national and international level. At the EU level, we are permanently established through our joint EU representation office in Brussels, which interacts constantly with standards developers and policy makers in the EU institutions.
In our associations, we value efficiency in our work, but also team spirit, good interpersonal relations between colleagues and the variety of our cultural backgrounds.
Role of the trainee adviser on EU affairs
The EU Affairs Trainee Adviser is responsible for supporting the public affairs team in our EU Representation Office in Brussels in matters related to the financial services legislation process.
Tasks of the EU Affairs Trainee Adviser
- Legislative follow-up
- Attending and reporting on meetings
- Research for the preparation of background notes and projects
- Organisational support
The successful candidate should :
- Have a recent university degree (Masters) in European public affairs and be familiar with the workings of the European institutions.
- Have developed communication skills, including writing and editing.
- Sharp analytical skills and proven organisational skills.
- Demonstrate good oral and written skills in English and French. Other languages, in particular Luxembourgish and German, are considered an asset.
Previous post-graduate work experience is not essential, but a first ever internship in European public affairs is considered an advantage.
Starting date: 1 September 2022.
Please send relevant applications with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 24 July 2022 and mention "Trainee EU Affairs Adviser" in the subject line. Video interviews on Thursday 28 July 2022. Due to the traditionally high number of applications, we will only be able to contact those candidates selected for an interview.