Calendar of public and bank holidays for 2023
- Sunday* 1st January New Year’s Day (P)
- Friday 7 April Good Friday (B)
- Monday 10 April Easter Monday (P)
- Monday 1st May Labour Day (P)
- Tuesday 9 May Europe Day (P)
- Thursday 18 May Ascension Day (P)
- Monday 29 May Whit Monday (P)
- Friday 23 June National Day (P)
- Tuesday 15 August Assumption (P)
- Wednesday 1st November All Saints’ Day (P)
- Sunday 24 December Christmas Eve (afternoon) (B)
- Monday 25 December Christmas Day (P)
- Tuesday 26 December St Stephen’s Day (P)
P = Statutory public holiday, compensated when falling on a weekend.
B = Bank holiday as provided by article 18. III. A. b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Bank Employees, not compensated when falling on a weekend. This is especially the case for Sunday 24 December 2023 afternoon.
(*) The New Year’s Day (1st January) falls on a Sunday. In such cases, the law stipulates that the employer must grant a compensatory day off within three months of the date of the public holiday (Art. L. 232-3 and Art. L. 232-6(2) of the Labour Code).