Does the word SWIFT ring a bell? It is the banker's BABA: the SWIFT network acts as an intermediary facilitating the transport of messages containing payment instructions between the financial institutions involved in a transaction. An indispensable part of any bank transfer.
In each country, a national organisation acts as a link between SWIFT and its users and members. In Luxembourg, it is ALMUS, or Association Luxembourgeoise des Membres et Utilisateurs de SWIFT. The ABBL, and in particular its Payments & Digital team, acts as Secretary General and takes care of all support activities such as event management, secretariat, accounting, IT.
The purpose of ALMUS:
- Disseminate information within the community and provide feedback to SWIFT
- Identify needs and organise information sessions
- Coordinate solutions to identified problems and centralising user complaints
- Participate in S.W.I.F.T. expert working groups
- Maintain relations with third parties: public administrations, regulatory bodies, private sector organisations, etc.