14 March 2023, 15:30
EBF webinar: staying strong in volatile markets
Banks in Europe today must navigate a new environment of rising interest rates, changing customer priorities and recession risk. Central banks continue to tighten monetary policy to tame inflation, and economies around the continent may register negative economic growth in 2023. Smart management of lenders’ funding needs and lending profiles is essential if they are to remain profitable and competitive. Join our panel of experts as they explore what the market will be watching for and how banks can react to fast-moving geopolitical events and regulatory changes.
In this webinar, the EBF will discuss:
- How the repayment of TLTRO throughout 2023 will impact banks' funding
- What rising interest rates mean for lenders’ ability to raise MREL funding and its pricing
- Whether rising rates will compel banks to adjust dividend policy to remain investable
- Why competition for deposits may increase as banks pass on rates to borrowers
- How banks can cope with shortcomings in credit risk management and the risk of future bad loans
- What opportunities are available to banks amidst the challenges
Organiser: European Banking Federation
The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together national banking associations from across Europe.https://www.ebf.eu/
Registration is free but mandatory.