Are you studying economics, law or a finance-related field ? The Fondation ABBL pour l'éducation financière can help you to finance your studies by awarding you a scholarship.
The ABBL Foundation for Financial Education offers two types of scholarships:
1) Scholarship for students doing their studies in a banking and finance related fields (economics or law) in Luxembourg
- Being enrolled full or part-time in a higher studies in Luxembourg whose successful completion confers a higher education diploma, title, certificate or degree.
2) Scholarship for students, resident in Luxembourg, doing their studies in a banking and finance related field (economics or law) in Switzerland
- Being a resident of Luxembourg
- Being enrolled full or part-time in a higher education course in Switzerland whose successful completion confers a higher education diploma, title, certificate or degree recognised in Luxembourg.
Selection criteria (for both scholarships)
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the quality of the application, the progress of the studies, the merit and the socio-economic conditions of the candidate. The Foundation will favour applications from students pursuing studies in the field of banking and/or finance in a fragile financial situation.
Terms and conditions
Please note that the granting of this scholarship cannot be combined with another scholarship granted by our Foundation.
Studying Banking and Finance in Switzerland
In this brochure, jointly produced with the ABBL, the Centre de Documentation et d'Information sur l'Enseignement Supérieur (CEDIES) offers you a summary of financial training courses.
Please complete and send your application form below by November 11, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must be submitted with the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- A copy of your identity card
- A precise description of your current or planned higher education studies
- A copy of your high school diploma transcripts from the previous year
- If applicable, a copy of the last higher education diploma obtained
- The certificate of enrolment for the academic year in question if issued
- The certificate of the Financial Aid Department of the Ministry of Higher Education and Research concerning the award of the scholarship based on social criteria
Opinions of teachers/professors on the candidate's progress in studies will be considered as an asset.
Financial Education Adviser
Jessica Thyrion holds a degree in communication from the Haute Ecole des Sciences de l'Information de Liège. She joined the ABBL in 1996 as a communication specialist. Since 2020, she is fully dedicated to financial education.
Since 2013, Jessica represents the ABBL in the Financial Education Working Group of the European Banking Federation.