In September 2020, the Foundation signed an agreement to support the digital financial training programme provided by the Luxembourg Tech School (LTS) (more about LTS here). The programme gives students the opportunity to learn the digital skills that are in demand in the financial centre, and will help them to transit more easily from full-time education to the workplace.
This collaboration marks one of the Foundation’s goals: prioritise an increased knowledge in economics and finance, as well as the development of marketable skills that the Luxembourg financial centre needs.
Preparing tomorrow's profiles for the banking sector
Luxembourg’s financial sector is more and more dependent on technological innovation. The lack of current and future « tech experts » in FinTech, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, etc. negatively impacts the development and competitiveness of Luxembourg as a financial centre.
The training program offered by LTS give students the opportunity to learn the digital skills that are in demand in the market, and will help them to transition more easily from a full-time education to the workplace.
For the financial sector to remain strong, it is vital that we have a pool of well-educated and knowledgable young people, with skills in the right areas and who are ready to lead us in the future.
The Luxembourg Tech School
The Luxembourg Tech School (LTS), embedded in the national school system, offers programmes for students age 12 to 19, either as extracurricular activities or as elective courses.
LTS objectives to support the sustainability and long-term development and implementation of Luxembourg’s Digital Strategy are numerous:
- Develop the “Future Digital Leaders” through technology, soft skills and business knowledge
- Promote entrepreneurship, creativity, sustainability and innovation in a projectbased learning environment
- Connect the “Future Digital Leaders” with key actors from industry, government and academia
- Support students to transition from the learning path to the workplace, and promote as well as increase tech & science employability for non-experienced and junior profiles
These objectives are completely in line with the ABBL Foundation’s goals to prioritise an increased knowledge in economics and finance, as well as the development of marketable skills that the Luxembourg financial center seeks.
The support of the ‘Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière’ is essential for our School as their goals to promote and support financial education, academic education, vocational training and research, are in line with what we are trying to achieve. The Foundation is a perfect partner to develop our training program even further.
About the LTS programme
After completing the 3 years LTS programme, students will be equipped with the knowledge, basic experience, and skills necessary to become the "Future Digital Leaders". They will be able to:
- Gain knowledge about the technological, business and financial world
- Gain hands-on experience by putting into practice what they have learned in a dynamic and autonomous environment
- Be able to make use of technology to solve real problems
- Be able to pitch their ideas in front of an audience, including experts from the industry
- Understand how to listen to the voice of the industry
- Be competent, team-oriented and respectful to everyone’s ideas and opinions
- Enjoy and have fun by creating new products and experiences