ICT 2022 survey: The sector reaffirms its need for highly qualified ICT specialists
The FEDIL and the ABBL published in March 2022 the results of their survey "Tomorrow's skills in the ICT sector" on the hiring expectations of companies in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT).
With the recruitment challenge facing many companies today, the promotion and search for young talent is of strategic importance to ensure that companies have a pool of skilled talent. The aim is to ensure that initial vocational training enables young people to acquire the qualifications they will need in the future.
The health crisis has accelerated the digital transformation and increased the need for skilled ICT workers. The 2022 survey shows a very high potential for hiring in the next two years with a total of 687 hires for 97 companies, 47% of which are to replace departures and 53% to fill newly created positions.
ICT: Jobs with a future!
FEDIL/ABBL 2022 survey on ICT hiring forecasts
Featured Career: IT Support Officer
- Provides technical support by telephone or e-mail to customers in order to facilitate the actions of the business teams
- Provides remote troubleshooting to customers according to an order of priority depending on the urgency and complexity of the problems to be dealt with
- Installs the necessary computer equipment in meeting rooms, conference rooms, etc.
- Is in charge of creating user profiles for computer applications
- May be required to perform other IT support tasks
- Good knowledge of computer systems and networks
- Organisation and communication
- Customer focus and management of priorities
- Excellent management of office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Fluency in foreign languages relevant to the position, which may include the official language of the Bank's home country
Holder of a degree such as 2 years of higher education in IT and/or or a first relevant professional experience in a similar position.
Explore career opportunities in finance
The information contained here comes from the guide Etudes & Métiers on banking and finance, produced jointly by the ABBL and the Centre de Documentation et d'Information sur l'Enseignement Supérieur (CEDIES). Discover the description of the profiles sought in the finance sector, as well as the training courses available to you.
Studies and professions in the financial sector (in French)